Rent in Ottawa Property Management was built from the ground up for one thing: Convenience. Convenience to landlords and property owners, every single tenant, and even those who could potentially occupy units in the future. We've spent many years optimizing and enhancing our property management services to exceed expectations and make it easier than ever to accurately market, list, and rent out property. Tenants benefit directly from our meticulous attention to detail and satisfaction-driven customer service, meaning that requests are followed up quickly and professionally.
From a range of comprehensive screening procedures to strict adherence to established regulations, our property management services are highly proactive, modernized, and future-facing in every regard. Landlords benefit from greater security, more successful property marketing, and comprehensive analysis of property and budgets, making it easier to operate a rental property on a day-to-day basis with expert guidance. We work closely with property owners and landlords to implement a strategy that is transparent, mutually agreed-upon, and communicative, as well as able to safeguard the well-being and happiness of all tenants. Whether you are aiming to maximize the potential of your property or reach out for assistance as a tenant, know that you are in good hands when working with us.
Property management services we provide:
- processing of applications and screening of prospective tenants through credit reports, rental history, references and employment verification
- lease preparation, rent collection, handling monthly disbursements and rent increases
- maintaining positive and courteous tenant/landlord relationships
- enforce rental and lease agreements, including the initiation and processing of unlawful detainer actions if required
- ensuring local, provincial and federal regulations are implemented
- advertising your property at discounted rates through our company website, advertising websites, social media and signage
- emailing monthly financial reports to you, with direct deposit on the 8th day of the month
- conducting property analysis and interior inspection after three months of unit being rented, twice per year thereafter, along with conducting frequent exterior inspections of properties within city/town limits
- managing and controlling access to established suppliers and contractors
- providing a full-time maintenance staff to handle all preventative and immediate maintenance needs
- a Property Manager on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to emergencies
What's my property worth?
- your property is thoroughly inspected for deferred and preventative maintenance.
- We advise on improvements needed and, with your consent as per agreement, we arrange to have the work completed
- quality technicians are assigned to do property repairs and we ensure any work done by contractors is completed satisfactorily. Repair costs are deducted from your account and we will contact you to acquire authorization for repairs that are above a pre-agreed dollar amount
- we will assess and complete repairs, painting, improvements, hauling and any cleaning required
- there is no limit on what we can handle when it comes to property upkeep and maintenance; we will organize and supervise any project while saving you money in the process
For accounting purposes, we:
- provide a comprehensive monthly statement of your property's income and expense activities that will include any supportive documentation such as invoices, receipts and notices
- at your request, we will manage your mortgage payment, property taxes, condo fees, utilities, insurance or repairs via deductions from your account
- send net positive funds to your bank account, on the 8th day of the month and in the same month that rent is collected, regardless of whether that day falls on a weekend
Leasing Only Package:
Quality tenants can make all the difference when it comes to maintaining value in your property. With our "Exclusive Leasing Only Services" you can rest assured that you have a team of professionals working on your behalf to find the right tenant for you. Once the tenant is found and settled in your property you resume the management for the property.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FEE SCHEDULE:
(Effective as of January 1, 2021)
Fees & Pricing
Monthly Management Fee 8%
Finding Tenant One Month Rent
Visits/Inspection Pre-Delivery and End of Lease
Inspections – Free Additional Visit – $75/visit
New Tenant Set-up Fee No Charge
Eviction Notice Filing $75.00
Court Hearings $250 Flat rate (not including lawyer charges if necessary)
Landlord & Tenant Board Fees $170.00
Repair/Installation Fee 10% on top of repair/installation invoice
Multiple Unit Pricing Call for Special Pricing.
Over time, you will appreciate our property management services. From acquiring and screening renters to responding to your tenants in a helpful, courteous fashion; our aim is to make your income property as productive as possible and keep your tenants happy.